Jump start the new school year with an engaging and enthusiastic gathering of STEAM educators. We'll be networking, sharing ideas, and discussing everything from co-inquiry activities to ways to better connect with scientists and engineers in the Austin area.
Topics that we will discuss include the following:
- The current state of STEAM teaching in Austin schools and programs. Who is doing great work? Who needs more help?
- Help us add to our list of science professionals, amazing STEAM field trip locations, and awesome robots (C3P0? Wall-E?).
- Learn about Mentor Match, a Nucleus Learning Network program where we help you find and connect with great mentors, volunteers, guest speakers, field trip opportunities, and more.
- Help us develop our fall schedule for Affinity Group meetings and workshops/trainings we can provide for the group.
- Whatever else is on your mind!
We'll be at Cherrywood Coffee on Thursday, September 24th from 5:30pm-7:30pm. Stop by at any time during the meeting to join the discussion. Just look for our sign! If you have questions, feel free to email Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.